Events in 2017Dates for events in 2017 have been posted on MLTA website. See the Events and News pages.
Following the AGM, the MLTA committee for 2017 is as listed below.
Role and activitiesThe role of the MLTA is to promote language learning in the ACT by providing a voice for language teachers and to facilitate professional dialogue among ACT colleagues and with colleagues in other jurisdictions.
The MLTA supports members through:
- Information in Contact, our ACT newsletter for language teachers
- Scholarship opportunities
- Language Professional Learning programs, dinners and annual conference
- Subscription to the MLTA email list which provides members with up-to-date information on events
- Application for the Teachers' Endeavour Scholarship
- Membership of the Australian Federation of Modern Language Teachers Associations Inc (AFMLTA) which includes subscription to the refereed journal Babel, published three times per year
- Access to national programs and activities, such as the consultation on AITSL's National Professional Standards for Teachers in 2010
- Affiliation to the international association, FIPLV
Office Bearers 2016Roles and responsibilities of MLTA office-bearers are outlined in the attachment. MLTA executive and committee members are listed below.
|Executive President:||Véronique Canellasemail@example.com|
|Executive Vice-President:||Myriam Daviesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Executive Treasurer:||Clementine O'Sullivanemail@example.com|
|Executive Secretary:||Annemarie Powerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Committee Member Publications Editor:||Ludivine Le-Galemail@example.com|
|Committee Member Public Officer:||Tina Rodriguezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Committee Member Webmaster:||Frank Keighleyemail@example.com|
|Committee Member||Cissy Lu|| |
|Committee Member||Amy McLeod|| |
|Committee Member||Joanne Chilver|| |
|Committee Member||Jee Youn Lee|| |
|Committee Member||Prudence Roveta|| |
PublicationsThe December 2016 edition of Contact will be published soon.
Contact December 2016
Contact July 2016
Contact December 2015
Contact July 2015
Contact December 2014
Contact July 2014
Contact December 2013
Contact December 2012
Contact May 2012
Contact November 2011
Contact May 2011
Contact December 2010
Contact August 2010
Contact April 2010
Professional Standards Stream C Registration Form
Professional Standards Information Stream C
Professional Standards Phase 2 Information
Canberra Languages Forum Update April 2010
Plus change Abstract
Language Adventures Poster
Report on launch of Draft National Professional Standards for Teachers (added 29 April 2010)
MembershipTeachers of languages in the ACT region are invited to become members or renew membership for 2017. Please register via the MLTA ACT membership renewal google form. Bank details for payment of membership fees are as follows:
- BSB 062 902
- Account number: 009 027 82
- Account name: Modern Language Teachers' Association of ACT Inc.
- Reference: Memb. 2017 + Your Name
Membership of MLTA ACT provides the benefits of newsletters, events, affiliation to the Australian Federation of Modern Language Teachers' Associations, (AFMLTA), including a subscription to the national language teachers' journal, Babel, as well as FIPLV (see "Role and activities" above).